Saturday, September 3, 2011

Plaid With Tutorial

 It's been a long time since I have done any nail art. I just haven't been motivated I guess. Since plaid nails have been on my list for a while I tried it out the other day and took pictures along the way so I could do a mini tutorial. 
 The base is Going Bananas that I already had on because it got smudged bad when I put new top coat over it and I really didn't want to take it off.
 I mixed a teal blue in acrylic paint for the first stripes. I did a wide stripe across near the cuticle and a thin stripe near the tip, then a thin stripe going down.


 Next was white, one stripe going down on the opposite side of the blue and one across beside the wide blue near the cuticle. 


 Last I added black, two stripes going down and one across.


 Top coat was last. I really like the plaid look. It was simple and looks much better in person. As you can see my stripes are no where near perfect. It doesn't matter though because to the normal eye, not pictures zoomed in, you don't notice much. 


 Obviously, there are many ways to do plaid. This is just the way I did it to give you a basic idea. I want to try this in black and pink next. 
 Have you tried plaid nails yet? Is there a design you would like to see a tutorial for?

4 comments:

  1. i love it and the colours are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sandra and Irishenchantment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to try plaid. Me thinks I'm afraid of it cuz I have a very shaky hand... But, I'll get around to it!
    I love how easy to understand your tutorials are! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...