Thursday, September 22, 2011

Black And Yellow Ruffian Spooky Houses

 Continuing with my Halloween nail designs I have a ruffian with spooky houses. I meant to have this up yesterday but it took longer than I expected to edit through the pictures. Anyways, I wanted to keep thing simple for now and work my way up to harder designs closer to Halloween.



 If you would like to see the tutorial for this keep reading!

 I started off with a black base then with a piece of makeup sponge sponged yellow in a ruffian manicure to give it the look of the moon. I went over it twice to get a good color. 






 Now on the yellow draw a few black lines.



 Next add triangles at the top of the lines. You should have something that looks like arrows. 



 Now you want to widen the lines out a bit to make the house. Don't worry, they do not have to be perfect, in fact you can make some slanted to give them that really old condemned house feel. I told you this was going to be easy!
 Oh, and brownie points if you can spot the creepy face in the picture below! I know it is just the lighting but still, how spooky is that?



 Time to turn the lights on. Add four small dots two on top two on bottom to make your window. 
 You can stop here but I went a little further and added bats. They are very easy you just need a very small brush. Start with a small dot and two smaller dots on each side, think Micky Mouse ears. From that a small line or dot for the body and two lines on either side for the wings.  



  You can leave him like that but I added two lines out on each side to create bigger wings.





 Add top coat and you have some really spooky nails!



 If you did these big enough and had a small brush and steady had you could probably put silhouettes of people, ghosts or monsters in the windows. How awesome would that be?
 If there is a Halloween design like skulls or cats or any design really that you would like to see leave me a comment below or send me an email and I will see what I can come up with.


19 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really something different from the usual halloween design you can see lately! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO CUTE!! How did you come up with that idea? I love it. and AHHH at the crazy light skull on your finger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Thanks for the tutorial, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, girls!

    Amanda, I'm not really sure. I wanted to do spooky houses and I thought it would be cool to make a yellow moon behind them and then the ruffian came to mind. Isn't that crazy? I didn't notice it until I was editing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Greatest Halloween tutorial. These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely creative and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!!!!!!! Thanks for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely awesome! I think I have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! Thanks for the step-by-step.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much, girls!

    Swaffie, yes, try it! It is so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are super talented! this is spectacular too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...